Energy Pivot is an authorized Reseller and Installer of REGEN Wind Turbines for Wind & Solar in the Eastern Cape
Wind turbines, which generate power from a wide range of wind speeds, are a great addition to your solar panel array as they can obviously generate power at night and on overcast rainy days when your solar production is low or non-existent.
We have a range of turbines to select from, from the robust 400W series right up to the 20KW series.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a Wind Turbine to supplement your power requirements:
- If you are living in a Town or City – Check with your local city council first before installing a turbine to make sure they allow them in your area.
- Check your existing solar system – Check the size; type and voltage of your battery system, to make sure it’ll match the voltage produced by the turbine you are interested in. Most of the time the wind controller can be ordered to match your existing system voltage.
- Where to put your new turbine? – Do you have the free air space to put up a turbine without it being in turbulent air? i.e. 6 meters up and above and trees and buildings and ideally 100M away from any structure, so as to get clean laminar airflow and peak performance.
- Know the average wind speed in your area – If you are in a low wind speed area, you may need a five-blade turbine.
- Link to view your area’s unique weather pattern: https://weatherspark.com/ or https://www.windy.com/
ReGen’s superior gearless wind turbines have been designed by Vensys AG with a minimalistic philosophy in mind. Our wind turbines are so advanced and yet so simple, made with the highest quality of intelligently designed engineering parts offering the highest efficiency levels in the industry.
Our turbine components have long life due to fewer wearing parts. They offer the advantages of compact construction, efficient energy conversion and intelligent design. Above all, they stand for operational reliability, maximized energy yields and minimized down-times.
All the critical components of our turbines are manufactured in-house and this gives us complete control over quality standards and the project implementation schedule.